Symptoms of Depression You Didnt Know About

Genes Are Being Studied In Detail For Answers

13. Genes Are Being Studied In Detail For Answers

Genes hold the key to understanding depression and its role in enabling the body to absorb and benefit the maximum from antidepressants. There are many genes that have been known to play a role in drug metabolism. It has been proven that a chromosome scientifically termed 3p25-26 was found in families where depression was a recurring illness.

Scientists say that 40% of all people who suffer from depression can be traced to agenetic link whereas one’s environment and other factors make up the rest of the 60%. Research today is being conducted to understand what type of people are more likely to develop depression whereas some others may never have it. Even identical twins who share the same genes may not develop depression together.

Advertisement - Scroll To Continue