#44 Never Wash Your Contact Lenses With Water
Well, it’s not hidden from us that water has many germs and bacteria that can cause some serious health issues. When soft contact lenses are washed with water these germs pass onto the lenses, thus making them quite infectious.
Water can even contribute to changing the shape of the lenses, causing them to swell or stick to your eyes and causing irritation and scratches on the cornea. And, if you are the unfortunate one, the water contaminated with Acanthamoeba may infect your eyes and cause severe pain. The treatment to remove this amoeba can cost you a corneal transplant or even blindness.